Here are the most essential items on our family’s back-to-homeschool shopping list:
- Pencils: I prefer the highest quality wooden pencils; not mechanical pencils with their ever-breaking tips
- College-ruled paper: I’ve always liked the narrow spacing, but any lined paper will do, from Kindergarten writing pads to wide ruled paper.
- Binders: we use 3-ring notebooks to store assignments and our completed schoolwork
- Page protectors: this is the Most Essential item on my list. We page protect all school work worth keeping
- Colored pencils: Our artsy 10yo requested these be added to her list
- Markers in different thicknesses: We use markers for studying artists
- Crayons: Because, you know, they’re important no matter your age
- Calendar: I like to have a huge desktop calendar for me, and a wall calendar for the homeschool room
- Journal: It’s important to me that the children journal daily. They can write whatever they like, with the promise that nobody needs to read it. They keep two journals: a personal one, and a spiritual one
- Scissors: Since last year’s scissors are hiding, we have to buy another pair. Or two. Or three
- Glue sticks: Because I prefer glue sticks to pourable (ie. tip-clogged) glue
- Pencil/Pen Pouch: These pouches hold a small ruler, erasers, pencils, a hard candy…having a pouch helps lessen the amount of time we spend looking for pencils, etc.
What’s on your Back to School shopping list?