I love rounding up giveaways for you, especially in this shaky economy when so many of us are on a tight budget. I especially love it when I really like the product. If I'm posting an item on FreelyEducate.com, you can be sure I like it, but sometimes one comes along that I really, really like. All About Homophones (from the same publisher as All About Spelling) is one of those.
Do you know what a homophone is? I didn't, either. A homophone is a word that sounds like another word, but may be spelled differently and have a different meaning.
Just today, while correcting her essay, I attempted to get our 11yo to understand that "there" is not "their" and "where" is not "wear." You know how frustrating teaching can be when our English language has so many different spellings for the same sound! I didn't realize I was teaching our daughter "homophones." Later in the day, my review copy of All About Homophones came in my email inbox, and now I'm excited to teach our 11yo tomorrow.
All About Homophones is a 240-page book (available as a paperback or ebook) that is remarkably easy to use. The book is organized by grade level (1st-8th) and includes a variety of ways to teach homophones through card games, worksheets, crossword puzzles, and graphic organizers. You may view samples of the book and read reviews at the All About Homophones site.
- One winning comment will be selected to win a paperback copy of All About Homophones, shipped for free, straight to his/her door
- One winning comment will be selected to win an ebook of All About Homophones
- An offer from the publishers: "To celebrate the launch of All About Homophones, you can get $10 off any order at www.all–about–homophones.com! To receive the discount, visitors to the site need to enter "FUN" in the customer code box during checkout. The coupon code is good for one week, through February 2, 2009."
(the publishers also mentioned, "And if someone purchases the book during the sale and later wins your drawing, we'll refund their money.")
As for the giveaways, here are a few details:
This time, you may enter more than once! You get one entry per comment, but you may comment more than once by…
Just leave a comment, saying you want one. That's easy!
Visit The Homophone Machine, create a sentence, then come back here and share it with us! Don't be offended if we laugh. :)
Blog about this giveaway on your blog or website or Twitter or Facebook it, then come back here and leave a link to the blog post, site URL, tweet or Facebook page.
That's 3 ways to increase your chances of winning! You can enter up to 3 times. But, remember, you need to enter 3 separate times, because that makes it much easier for me to count up entries when I go to Random. org to select the winner.
More Rules, sigh:
Click on "Comments" below* to leave your comment and other entries (separately, remember)
- The form will ask for your email address but only I will see it. Promise. And I never, ever spam
- One winner will be selected randomly from the entries (comments) through Random.org's random number generator
- US entries only for the paperback book; International entries are welcome to enter for the ebook (do you mind typing "International" or your country when entering, if non-US? Thanks so much)
- Deadline for the 2 giveaways and the sale: Monday, February 2nd, midnight CST ( as in, 11:59pm)
Comment away! Who wants one of the two books we're giving away?
Subscribe to FreelyEducate here
Keep up with FreelyEducate tweets (Twitter) here: @freelyeducate
Have a resource or giveaway to share? Email me at loriseaborg @ gmail.com