Description & Features (from The Critical Thinking Co.)
Building Thinking Skills® provides highly effective verbal and nonverbal reasoning activities to improve your children's vocabulary, reading, writing, math, logic, and figural-spatial skills, as well as their visual and auditory processing. This exceptional series provides a solid foundation for academic excellence and success in any assessment.
The activities are developmentally sequenced. Each skill (for example, classifying) is presented first in the semi-concrete figural-spatial form and then in the abstract verbal form. Children learn to analyze relationships between objects, between words, and between objects and words as they:
|Observe, recognize, and describe characteristics.
|Distinguish similarities and differences.
|Identify and complete sequences, classifications, and analogies.
These processes help children develop superior thinking and communication skills that lead to deeper content learning in all subjects.
(sample pages from Level 1)
Would you like a Building Thinking Skills book? We are giving away two books, one to each of two winners.
If you win this giveaway, you will get to choose which Building Thinking Skills book you'd like out of the several listed here (only the books with titles that include "Building Thinking Skills" — they are listed at $29.99 each).
This time, you may enter more than once! You get one entry per comment, but you may comment more than once by…
- Just leave a comment, saying you want one. That's easy!
- Visit The Critical Thinking Co at this page, then come back here and tell me which of their Building Thinking Skills books you would like to have if you win (you can change your mind later)..
- Blog about this giveaway on your blog or website or Twitter or Facebook it, then come back here and leave a link to the blog post, site URL, tweet or Facebook page.
That's 3 ways to increase your chances of winning! You can enter up to 3 times. But, remember, you need to enter 3 separate times, because that makes it much easier for me to count up entries when I go to Random. org to select the winner.
More Rules, sigh:
- Click on "Comments" below* to leave your comment and other entries (separately, remember)
- The form will ask for your email address but only I will see it. Promise. And I never, ever spam
- One winner will be selected randomly from the entries (comments) through Random.org's random number generator
- US entries only (head ducking; I'm sorry!)
Deadline: Super Bowl Sunday, February 1, midnight CST ( as in, 11:59pm)
Comment away! Who wants one?
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2009-02-02 17:24:28 UTC
Subscribe to FreelyEducate here
Keep up with FreelyEducate tweets (Twitter) here: @freelyeducate
Have a resource or giveaway to share? Email me at loriseaborg @ gmail.com
p.s. The All About Homophones giveaway is still open, and so is the National Security Mom giveaway.